Any informational material that is required for participation or understanding content such as assigned readings, video recordings, exams, and any other material needed for learning.
- Ensure captioning is available on your videos
- Ensure all files are searchable and can be read by a screenreader
- Go through our Best Practices page to see what to avoid and how to structure course material
- See our Adding Accessible Readings to bCourses page if you are distributing content on bCourses
- The ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990) prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities by public entities.
- Title II of ADA prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in all services, programs, and activities provided to the public by State and local governments
- Title III of ADA prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in the activities of places of public accommodations such as schools
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in programs run by federal agencies
- Section 504 covers accommodation by disability service offices, such as DSP, to serve students' disability needs
- Section 508 covers access to accessible content such as software, videos, and documents during the time of creation