There is a wealth of outside resources available to the public who have accessibility needs. Below are a few within the Bay Area.
- Department of Rehabilitation: Designated by the Office of the Governor to serve as the lead state agency in California's efforts to implement the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in state government. The Disability Access Services (DAS) serves as a resource that provides public information, consultation, training and technical assistance to state and local government, consumers, employers and businesses to help prevent accessibility issues. However, DAS is not involved in the enforcement of these laws.
- Center for Independent Living (TheCIL) located in Berkeley, CA
- Orientation Center for the Blind (OCB) with branched located in both Berkeley and Oakland, CA
- LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired located in San Francisco, CA
- National Center on Deaf-Blindness